Last night’s dinner was a late one, so late I had to wait till today to blog about it! but it is indeed blog-worthy. We are running SUPER low on groceries, so I decided to pull out what we had and make due!
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or ground turkey/ chicken for a leaner choice)
- 1/4 C white onion
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 15 oz can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 can of Rotel (rinsed and drained)
- 2 oz low fat cream cheese
- 3 bell peppers (colors of your choice)
optional: cheese for topping
Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
1. Make the ground beef on the skillet. Drain the grease and add the taco seasoning as the packet instructs. Let is simmer.
2. Add diced white onions and cream cheese to the skillet. Mix well untill the cream cheese is melted. ** I feel inclined to add that Eron is a cheese lover so I try to compromise by choosing lower fat options! It eases my conscience.
2. Add black beans and Rotel skillet.
3. Cut the bell peppers in half and remove the seeds. Place them in a baking dish.
4. Scoop the taco mix into each pepper and sprinkle with optional shredded cheese!
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees!
(Eron got to it before I could take a picture! and I don’t know why some of my pics are sideways! )
-serve with rice, chips sour cream, salsa, avacodo, etc. All we had was rice :).
Despite the limited option in our fridge this was a pretty great dinner! Eron approved and I filed it in the remember to make again category!
On another note… I received my first 2 weeks of Bootcamp workouts from Tina Reale yesterday! She sent me a link to join the facebook group and rules to follow in order to win prizes! Let the games begin! Gettin’ busy on Monday ;). Happy Friday!