Snowed in for another day of warm food, family and extra snuggle time on the couch. My cozy new slipper socks are keeping my tootsies warm while a crackling fire takes care of the rest of me! Eron is enjoying his new zombie game in his ninja turtle pajama pants, and some extra time off from work.
He has been the subject of my new camera the past two days. For Christmas, he got me a Nikon D5100 and I am trying to learn how to use it as fast as I can! In the picture above I was playing with the effects! Green Turtles!
Since the roads were so bad we made ourselves at home at my in-laws and stayed the night. This morning my mother-in-law, Jenny, made us a banana and macadamia nut pancake breakfast, then some comforting chicken pot pie soup for lunch. Stuck at the in-laws is not a bad thing!!
The soup was so tasty, I asked if I could share it! She told me it was a Disney recipe and was happy to share!
If you couldn’t tell by my previous recipe posts, I am soup obsessed! Soup is my favorite because you usually combine everything in one pot for the entire meal! This soup with a creamy base, is hearty and delicious, stocked full of chicken and veggies!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 2-3 chicken breast
- 1(16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2-3 potatoes cubed
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbls chicken base
1. In a medium sauce pan, boil the chicken breasts.
2. Remove cooked chicken breasts and shred.
3. Add potatoes into the same water used to boil the chicken.
4. When the potatoes are soft drain the water.
5. Add the shredded chicken back in the pot, along with the mixed veggies, cream of potato soup, cream of chicken soup, and milk.
6. Heat through and serve with optional crackers or biscuits.
The rest of the day doesn’t get much more exciting, besides the venture back home through the melting ice!!
How is the weather where you are? I hope you are staying safe and warm!