I have a new best friend. We met about a year ago on Dashing Dish, and it’s name is oat flour. Ever since I discovered the magic of baking with oat flour, 90% of my baking recipe experiments use it. The best part is I can make it at home easy-peasy. All you do is take old fashioned oats, throw them in the blender, and boom, oat flour.
I have subbed oat flour for regular flour many times, the tricky part is keeping baked goods moist especially when adding protein powder to the mix. I would like to tell you I know the exact baking formula for achieving moist baked goods, but unfortunately I do not. I am the type of person that irrationally throws ingredients into a bowl and hopes for the best. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.
These Fudge-y Chocolate Protein Cookies work wonderfully!
Fudgy Chocolate Protein Cookies
Servings: 10 (2 cookies)
- 2 Unsweetened Baking Squares
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 3 Egg Whites
- 2 Tbls Water
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 10-12 packets truvia/stevia or 1 cup sugar substitute
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Melt unsweetened baking squares in the microwave.
- Combine Greek yogurt, egg whites, water, and vanilla with the chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients; oat flour, Protein Powder, baking soda, and truvia.
- Fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Spray a cookie sheet, and drop 1 inch scoops onto it.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
**Optional: melt 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips to sprinkle on top of the cookies or just add the chips to to the batter.
I entered some of the ingredients into My Fitness Pal and these are the nutritional states it gave me.
Make sure you store these cookies in the refrigerator! Enjoy!