This past weekend felt relaxing and long! It was nice having Saturday off and even better that I was able to spend time with Eron. I think the highlight of Eron’s weekend was visiting a couple indoor gun ranges, and the highlight of mine was getting a bunch of homework done. Not quite on the same level of fun, but we were both happy.
Saturday night we stayed home and made chicken, as well as, some roasted veggies I must share! This is the easiest and only method I know:
Veggies in the mix
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 1/2 a cup of onion
- a sweet potato
- a yellow potato.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cover a cooking sheet with foil and then spray it with olive oil cooking spray.
- Defrost the broccoli (or any frozen veggies you might be using) and heat potatoes in the microwave for 4 minutes. ***I figured potatoes take longer then other vegetables to cook, so I gave them a head start.***
- Arrange all your veggies on the cooking sheet and spray them with olive oil.
- Sprinkle a good amount of parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper all over your vegetable.
- Bake for 45 minutes! and Voila!
I finally willed myself out of bed at 5 a.m. to get a tough workout in before going to cupcakery work. Since it has been so hard for me to get out of bed lately, I set my phone alarm on the dresser across the room. That way I would be forced to get out from under the covers. Worked like a charm. Below is a picture I snapped of the workout.
I especially liked the Hang Clean to Front Squat to Push Press combo. The tabata at the end of the workout is something you might be most interested in… It is a quick, four minutes and requires no equipment. It is the perfect, challenging finisher for any workout.
Eron’s First Day of Police School
Ok, ok, ok, I have to say that today is day one of Eron’s new and exciting adventure, so I took one of those first day of
preschool police school pics.
This Weeks Training Schedule