We are six days into December and Eron and I have yet to make our monthly grocery shopping rounds. Incessant staring into the fridge and pantry seems to occur at about this time. Partially from the affects of finals week procrastination and partially in hopes that the fridge would magically fill itself. Thankfully Eron picked me up a surprise last night to help me cope with tedious finals, and I was in good shape for breakfast.
He knows I am obsessed with all things pumpkin and brought me some Pepperidge Farms Pumpkin Spice bread. This morning I toasted two pieces and indecisively topped them two ways. One had peanut butter, the other spread with greek yogurt and honey.
Since starting my blog almost three months, ago I have learned so much. I have learned that one of the best things about blogging is connecting with other bloggers. The blogging community is built on encouragement and relationships. Their sweet comments and inspiring blogs have been my driving force to continue writing on my own blog.
Just yesterday Liv from Life as Liv, nominated me for the Liebster Award! This excites me very much because it is an excuse to share more about myself, and choose other up-and-coming bloggers to participate!
Here are the rules:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given by the blogger who nominated you
- Create 11 new questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in the post
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and tell the bloggers you’ve nominated
1. My first semester of college I went to Central Arkansas University to play softball for the Sugar Bears. After a series of events, and some tough decisions, I transferred mid-year to play for Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, TX. Looking back, I can see a bigger purpose for this transfer!
2. When I was growing up I painted my room five different times, and mod-podged over wallpaper in my bathroom with magazine pictures and quotes. Obviously my parents never stifled my creativity, but I feel bad for whoever lives in the house with 7 layers of paint on the wall and permanent Backstreet Boys pictures in the bathroom!
3. I started riding horses when I was five-years-old, and showed and trained quarter horses until I was 16. I miss this part of my life more than anything and would return to the horse scene in a heartbeat if I was given the opportunity.
4. My husband is Hawaiian so we thought it just made sense to honeymoon in Hawaii for a week! It was fun meeting his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins!
5. I used to have two pet ducks named Lucy and Ethel. Our horses would chase them around the tank, so we took them to a new pond for refuge.
6. I tear my food apart when I eat and it usually ends up all mixed together on my plate!
7. If I had to choose strength over cardio, I would choose strength all the way! Probably in some form of circuit training.
8. I get excited about healthy alternative recipes! Tell me it can be done with no added sugar and filled with protein and I am racing to the kitchen to experiment.
9. Typically I drive with no radio, because my thinking gets too loud. Other times I am cheering on podcast speakers because what they say is just too good.
10. When I was in first grade I had eye surgery to correct a lazy eye. Yup, I was awkwardly cross eyed in one eye :/.
11. I sleep on my tummy with my left hand under my hip. There is no other way for me to sleep.
Now for Liv’s Questions!
1. What are you wearing right now? –> Wind pants and a softball pull-over.
2. What was the craziest thing you’ve ever done? –> Accidentally
snowboarding rolling down a Black diamond for a short stretch.
3. You can go anywhere in the world right now. Where would you go? –> Backpacking across Europe!
4. What is a secret talent you have? –> I can sleep through anything, even fire alarms.
5. What is one piece of technology you can’t live without? –> My iphone!
6. If you were dying, what would your last meal be? –> Everything at Olive Garden!
7. Target or Walmart? Why? –> Target, even if it is just to window shop! They have the cutest stuff!
8. Lake or beach? Why? –> Beach! Lakes are dirty and I love running, playing, or laying in the sand!
9. Do you have any siblings? How many? Are you close to them? –> I have two younger brothers, and one is living with me and Eron as he finishes school at MSU!
10. Write down the last song you listened to? –> Should’ve Been Me – Citizen Way
11. If you had a million dollars, what would you do? –> Make Eron help me decide! He is so good with giving, saving and investing our money!
- Is there anyone that inspires you? who?
- What was the last thing you ate?
- What is your favorite thing about writing a blog?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is your dream job?
- Coffee or Tea?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite TV Series?
- What is the best vacation you have ever been on?
- What is your favorite recipe? Please Share 😉
- List your top 5 favorite fitness gear!
- Lessons Life Teaches Me
- The Sweat Life
- Simply Sarah
- Faith Hope Love & Basketball
- Keeping up with Katie
- Fit Kitten Food Blog
- Three Men and A Mommy
- Running on Hope
- Shh… Fit Happens
- Knot Living
- Healthy Girl Adventures
Thanks again Liv for the nomination! Check out her cute blog! I would nominate her again if I Could!
Now please laugh with me at Marley. I woke her up from her nap and received a sleepy glare, then she decided to relocate and hide her head under the pillow.
How funny is that! 🙂